Paleo Vanilla Flag Cake
Look at this awesome grain-free, dairy-free, paleo creation!!
The most patriotic paleo dessert of all time! America, the beautiful!
My great aunt used to make a rectangular angel food cake with cool whip and berries every summer for Independence Day. I would look forward to our fourth of July picnics just for this cake. So it was only a matter of time before I created a gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free version!
Red, White, and Blue meets paleo in the most refreshing dessert on the internet!
- 8 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (from carton)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- About 6-7 medium strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
For the whipped ‘cream’:
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (cold and hardened – like my heart LOL!)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
View original post 276 more words